Sept 25th -- UPS is still struggling with some deliveries due to Corona. Until thing change it's still best to avoid Friday
deliveries. Sorry but I am out of Sea Scallops. Thank you!
Stay Safe Me Haddie's ! Richard
and serving a Cullen Skink !
Another Recipe from my friend Willard – I try to keep a batch of this kipper pate in my fridge at all times, it is just so delicious and convenient for a quick fix of healthy fish oil at the start of the day.
- (serves 4)
- 12-oz Kipper Fillets.
- 150 g Creme Fraiche.
- 1/3rd block Philadelphia Cheese.
- 2 tbs. butter.
- 1 tbs. Capers & juice.
- 1 tbs. Horseradish.
- 1 tsp Tabasco.
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce.
- 1 tsp ground black pepper.
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice.
- 1 tbs Brandy or Whisky
- Bring a pan of water to boil, turn off the heat and put the thawed kippers in for six minutes. Remove from water and gently remove the meat from the skin. Be sure to remove the fin supporting bones in the middle of each fillet.
- Add the kipper meat and all liquid ingredients to a Cuisinart first and blend. Melt the butter first and then add all the other ingredients to the Cuisinart and blend until smooth.
- Spoon out into a bowl and either enjoy as a dip right away or cool for a pate in your refrigerator.
With warm buttered toast or with some kind of dipping chip if you just made it. It is soft and dips well immediately after making just like a real dip, but if you cool in your fridge overnight it becomes a firm pate and you need a knife to spread it. I like to serve on the side with a salad and warm buttered toast best. When Willard developed this recipe for me he included a teaspoon of Brandy or Whisky, a nice variation especially at Christmas, but I left it out for an every day pate and also because I usually have some in the morning.