May 18th -- Last week UPS started tripping up on deliveries due to Corona.
So until thing change Lets Not Do Friday Deliveries. That improves the odds that your fish will be cold after a delay.
Thank you for all the orders!
Stay Safe me Haddie's ! Richard
and serving a Cullen Skink !
This recipe is usually made with salt cod but it works very well using Finnan Haddie.
- (Serves 6 – 8 generously)
- 1 lb Finnan Haddie.
- 450ml milk.
- Sprig of fresh thyme.
- 1 bay leaf.
- 8 peppercorns.
- 450g floury potatoes, peeled and diced.
- 150ml cold-pressed rapeseed or mild olive oil.
- 3 garlic cloves.
- 2 tablespoons chopped capers.
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley.
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives.
- extra oil, for drizzling.
- freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the smoked haddock in a pan with the milk, thyme, bay leaf and peppercorns
- Bring to the boil, then remove from the heat and allow to cool in the liquid.
- Next, simmer potatoes for about 20 minuites until completely tender then strain and
- mash well. Keep warm.
- Strain the milk from the haddock and reserve.
- Break up the haddock into flakes and put in a food processor.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the garlic and cook for a minute, but don’t let the garlic brown.
- Turn on the processor and slowly add the oil in a steady stream until all used up.
- Scrape into a bowl and beat in the capers, chives and parsley, then the potato and enough of reserved milk to give a soft creamy consistency. Seasonal well.
- Pile into a dish and drizzle with extra oil before serving.