Feb 16th -- All orders this week have to ship out on Monday 17th for delivery on the 18th & 19th. I will be away early Tuesday so orders after Monday will not ship until the week of the 24th.
Thank You ! Richard
Click to watch Richard Smoking haddock and serving a Cullen Skink !
This is a nice easy recipe by the English celebrity chef Nigel Slater. It is featured in his excellent book – Real Food.
- (serves 4)
- 4 baked potatoes.
- 1 lb Finnan Haddie.
- 2 oz. butter.
- 300 ml double cream.
- 2 tbs seed Dijon mustard.
- 1 tsp ground black pepper.
- a palm full of parsley leaves, chopped.
- For the perfect baked potato use a large, floury-textured variety such as King Edward. Give it a good wash and while it is still damp sprinkle it with crushed sea salt. Prick with a folk here and there and bake on the bars of an oven preheated to 425 F for a good hour, maybe an hour and a quarter. It is done when it gives a to a little pressure from thumb and forefinger.
- Put the smoked haddock in a shallow baking dish skin side down. Season the cream with the mustard, pepper and parsley and pour it over the haddock. Bake in the same oven as the potatoes for about 15 minutes until the flakes fall apart easily.
- Break open the potatoes, scrape the flesh into a bowl, then return the empty skins to the oven to crisp a little. Mash the potato with the cream from the fish and the butter, whipping it with a hand held beater to get it smooth. Gently tease large flakes of smoked haddock off the skin and stir into the creamed potato. Check the seasoning and then pile back into the hot potato skins and put under the broiler briefly until the peaks of potato brown slightly.
Serve with a salad – perhaps a little mustard vinaigrette dressing.