May 22nd --- A great video where you can
Watch Richard making Finnan Haddie
Enjoy your visit to Stonington Seafood!
Thank you for watching!
Eggs Benedict with Finnan Haddie is a great variation for a special breakfast. This is another of Rick Stein’s recipes from his brilliant and beautifully illustrated seafood cook book: “Rick Stein’s Seafood”.
Eggs Benedict with Smoked Haddock
- (Serves 4)
- 1/4 quantity of Hollandaise Sauce.
- 1 lb Finnan Haddie.
- 10 fl oz milk.
- 3 bay leafs.
- 2 slices onion.
- 6 black peppercorns.
- 1 tablespoon white whine vinegar.
- 4 eggs.
- 2 English muffins.
- Coarsely crushed black peppercorns and
- a few chopped chives, to garnish.
- Make the hollandaise sauce and keep it warm, off the heat over a pan of warm water. Bring the milk and 10 fl oz of water to boil in a shallow pan. Add the bay leaves, peppercorns, onions and smoked haddock pieces, bring back to simmer and poach for 4 minutes. Lift out the haddock onto a plate, peel off the skin and keep warm.
- Bring about 2 inches of water to the boil in a medium sized pan, add the vinegar and reduce to a gentle simmer. Break the eggs into the pan one at a time and poach for 3 minutes. Meanwhile, slice the muffins in half and toast them until lightly browned. Lift the poached eggs out with a slotted spoon and drain briefly on kitchen paper.
- To serve, place the mufffin halves on 4 warm plates ad top with the haddock and poached eggs, spoon over the hollandaise sauce and garnish with a sprinkling of crushed black pepper and chopped chives.