November 19th – The last shipping day for orders by Thanksgiving is Monday 24th for delivery on Wednesday 26th.
Orders on the 25th will have to select a UPS next day service.
Thank you for visiting and have a great Thanksgiving!
For the Penfold family… This dish is almost always on the menu for Christmas breakfast. To really spoil ourselves we like to serve with some salmon caviar (ikura) on top. Life does not get much better than that! This is Rick Stein’s recipe from Rick Stein’s Seafood.
- (Serves 4)
- 1 lb Finnan Haddie.
- 1 small onion chopped.
- 1 oz. butter.
- 1 pint chicken stock.
- 2 green cardamom pods.
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
- 2 inch cinnamon stick.
- 1 fresh bay leaf.
- 12 oz basmati rice.
- 2 eggs.
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley.
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan, add the onion and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes until soft but not browned. Add the cardamom pods, turmeric, cinnamon stick, and bay leaf and cook, stirring for about 1 minute. Add the rice and stir for about 1 minute, until it is well coated in the spicy butter. Add the stock and 1/2 tsp salt and bring to the boil. Cover the pan with a close fitting lid, lower the heat and leave it to cook very gently for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, hard boil the eggs for 8 minutes. Bring some water to boil in a large shallow pan, add the smoked haddock and simmer for 4 minutes. Lift the fish out onto a plate and leave to cool enough to handle, then break into flakes, discarding the skin. Drain the eggs, cool down slightly, then peel and cut into small pieces.
- Uncover the rice and gently fork in the fish and chopped eggs. Cover again and return to the heat for five minutes or until the fish has heated through. Then gently stir in the chopped parsley and season with a little more salt and black pepper to taste. Garnish with sprigs of parsley and the salmon caviar.
Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with warm buttered toast.